RailUSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. We encourage all applicants of all ages and experience to apply for our available positions.
Recruiters: Please note that RailUSA and its subsidiaries, Florida Gulf & Atlantic Railroad and Grenada Railroad, do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed agreement, and specific approval to submit resume to an approve requisition, RailUSA and its subsidiaries will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensation.
Corporate Office Openings
FG&A Railroad Openings
Grenada Railroad Openings
- CDL Required
- Participate in group discussions including unit meetings, job briefings, safety meetings or process reviews
- Remove and replace track and track components (e.g. ties, rails, bars, etc.)
- Replace or repair track switches with specific components
- Slide and align tie plates
- Drill holes through rails for insertion of bolts and tighten or loosen bolts at joints that hold ends or rails together
- Correct deviations in track surface, alignment and gauge
- Cut rails to specific lengths
- Receive instructions, requests, orders, and information from posted bulletins, memorandums, rules and regulation manuals
- Adjust, lift and roll rails
- Sort track material for loading and unloading
- Install and repair street and railroad crossings
- Cut brush and vegetation from the right-of-way
- Spray switches, angle bars and joints with oil for lubrication
- Class A CDL
- Good Safety record
- Able to pass a Background Check
- Possess a Driver’s license
- Able to work in Extreme Weather Conditions
- Able to Perform Common Labor Task when not operating equipment
- Will participate in Random Drug & Alcohol Program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grenada, MS 38901: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Railroad Track: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL A (Required)
Work Location: One location
Grenada Railroad is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Note that Grenada Railroad (GRYR) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, GRYR will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
RailUSA and its subsidiaries offer a competitive package of benefits for full-time employees. Our commitment to the health and well-being of our employees is of utmost importance.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance / Health Benefits
- Healthcare Spending Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) / Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Railroad Retirement*
- Online Health Services
* Note: some positions do not qualify for Railroad Retirement.
We strive to provide the highest level of service while maintaining safety and security of our employees. The company’s reputation is founded on the personal integrity of our employees and its dedication to our core values.
- Quality of Service
RailUSA is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities and fostering workforce diversity to support an effective and high performing service organization. Hiring people with a broad range of qualities, strengths and experiences helps us with the success of our business and to better serve our customers. As RailUSA strives to grow the company, we’ll seek qualified talent to bring about top results.